Taylor is now in his "big boy" bed
On Saturday night, Dave and I took the plunge and took down the front rail of Taylor's crib. He now has his official "big boy" bed. We put up a toddler bed rail to keep him from falling out of his bed and to make him feel a little more secure. Dave taught Taylor how to climb in and out of the bed without hurting himself and then we had a little talk with him about how he is not to get up until we come and get him. I was so nervous that the first night he would constantly get up, but knock on wood, he hasn't gotten out of bed yet. Yeah!!! I am certain that the day will come when he climbs out, but until then I am thrilled! When I go to get him in the morning he says, "Mommy! I wake up now?"
Here's the picture of his bed and the perfect print that Lori gave us to put in his room. It hangs right over his bed. Taylor adores it, Lori! Thanks! There is also a short video of Taylor through the monitor in his room (I know that I am neurotic because I took a video of it, but it is more of a way for me to catalog all the "big" events of Taylor's life, and this is one big event of his toddler years). He played for a few minutes, surveyed the room, checked the door to make sure that we weren't coming back, and then drifted off to sleep.
1 comment:
Love the video! Hope he keeps up with the staying in bed! :) And the bed is adorable!
Miss you all!
Love,
Aunt Angie
Post a Comment