October 25, 2009

A Laborious Weekend


This weekend was quite laborious in many ways.  First and foremost, it was quite laborious for my dear friend, Christie.  She had quite a long labor before delivering her third child!  Duncan Amsden Williams was born at 2:11 am on Saturday morning.  He is a beautiful 9 pound boy!  We are so excited for the Williams family!

Although I did not deliver a child by any means this weekend, I did work hard in the kitchen.  It was a huge baking weekend for me!  I made 4 dozen pumpkin muffins, 2 dozen blueberry oatmeal muffins, stewed one large chicken, made stock for soup, brownies for Taylor's teachers, and a loaf of honey oatmeal bread.  Whew!  I am tired of being in the kitchen.  My freezer is stocked for at least a month (Taylor is a huge muffin eater!).  We finished out the weekend at a fun, relaxing EP picnic.  The kids played, we ate catered food from Fatz, and caught up with friends.  What a great way to end a weekend!





1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations to Christie and to you for getting ahead!!

Kelly