January 3, 2010

Batman to the rescue


Right after Taylor was born, a wonderful teacher at my school gave me this cardboard playhouse for Taylor.  At the time, Taylor was only a few months old.  The boxed up cardboard house collected dust tucked away in a corner of my classroom.  Then, this summer, I put it together and Taylor played in it while I set up my classroom.  It was a fabulous babysitter!  Now, he still enjoys going inside it and pretending, but he is really into knocking it down.  He particularly enjoys knocking it down while someone else (i.e. his dad) is inside.  Then he can put on his Batman top and cape and rescue his dad.  Dave plays along so well.  He pretends that he is trapped and he must be saved.  In fact, the other night when I was making dinner, Taylor came running in to the kitchen and announced, "Dad is stuck!  I can't get him out!"  Just precious!



2 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad Batman is right across the street so he can rescue me!!

By the way, did you rescue my bird??

Kelly

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I can't wait to see Batman in person! Happy New Year to all of the Parkers!

All my love,
Aunt Angie