Roper Mountain lights, tea, and a stuck finger
This was truly a fun filled holiday weekend. However, it started off a little rough. On Friday evening, Taylor came to Dave with a piece of his train track stuck on his middle finger right above the knuckle. I was taking a quick nap (after a long day at school) when Dave came in to tell me that he needed some help. Taylor was crying, his finger was quite red, and he had a train track piece stuck to his finger and it was not budging. I immediately thought that it was no big deal...we would just put lotion on his finger and it would slide right off. No suck luck. I couldn't get the lotion between his finger and the track. Taylor was starting to panic because it wouldn't come off. To be quite honest, I was starting to panic as well. I had visions of us waiting in the ER for someone to saw it off of his finger. I shouldn't have feared because Dave was able to get some vaseline between Taylor's finger and the track. He used an envelope to slide the slippery vaseline in, and then he broke out two pairs of pliers to literally pry the piece off of Taylor's finger. In total, it only took about 20 minutes to free Taylor's precious finger. It is quite funny now, but it was not funny on Friday evening.
On Saturday evening, we took Taylor to see the lights at Roper Mountain. It was freezing, but worth it. Taylor loved the lights. It is almost a magical experience to walk and then drive through all of those lights while listening to Christmas music. The experience really gets you into the Christmas mood!!
Today, we lit a fire and many Christmas scented candles, and enjoyed scones and hot tea in the living room. Having tea and scones on Sunday night is an Eason family tradition that I have always loved. My dad grew up having tea as well, and it is definitely something that I want to pass down to my children. Dave really enjoys it, and I think that I love it more now than I ever have. Thanks mom and dad for carrying on such an enjoyable tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment