January 2, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

The Parker family rang in the New Year in the most relaxed way possible- in our pajamas.  As a matter of fact, this 39 week pregnant mom was in bed by 10pm (which is waaayyy past my bed time now).  Temporarily gone are the days when I would stay out late with friends and ring in the new year when the ball drops in Times Square.  I remember those fun times really well, but am perfectly happy staying at home snuggling up with my sweet family.   Dave, Taylor, and I made fondue for dinner, drank sparkling grape juice, and enjoyed family time while waiting for our dinner to simmer in cheese and hot oil.  We will definitely have to break out the fondue pots more often!  I hope that you had a fabulous start to the new year- even if it was as low key as ours!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

We had a low key night at home too! I cant believe Lauren will be here anyday now...wow!

Kelly

Tom said...

We had fondue for New Year's Eve, as well. Odd. We've done this for several New Year's now. Is this something others do, too?

We should have had you guys cross the street to share recipes!

Meredith & Aaron West said...

Cassie - I remember some very fun New Year's celebrations with you! While we had some wild and crazy times back in the day, I'm happy to have low-key NYE celebrations at home now, too! Can't wait to hear news of your new baby girl! Wishing you an easy Labor & Delivery! Love you!