December 24, 2008

Taylor's first stitches- and on Christmas Eve too!

Well, this Christmas Eve morning seemed like all Christmas Eve mornings of the past...until Taylor smacked his head and split it open. He pushed over his small rocking chair and proceeded to crawl on top of it. Naturally, since it is not designed to be climbed on, it tipped over and Taylor went tumbling. He hit his head on a puzzle piece that has a peg for small fingers to grip. I guess that he hit it with such force that it split his little forehead right open. He, Dave, and I were stunned at first. Then, we saw the blood. Head wounds of course bleed a lot anyway, but this one was a bleeder! I noticed pretty much right away that it was split open and would probably need stitches. Dave called the doctor's office, and thankfully they were open and wanted to see us right away.

Taylor was such a trooper. He cried a little when they cleaned it out, but overall that part went well. After the doctor examined it, he did say that it needed stitches. The good news was that he was a perfect candidate for the liquid Dermabond stitches. Yeah!! The doctor felt it would heal nicely with the liquid version and it would be less traumatic for Taylor (and for mom too!). Taylor ate a grape lollipop, cried a little, and then we snuggled for a long time. He is resting comfortably now. I am sure he is going to have a doozy of a headache when he wakes up though. Hopefully that will be the only doctor visit we have to make this holiday season!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry I didn't call on Christmas! I just got back to ATL this afternoon and was catching up on my favorite family in Greenville! I hope Taylor's feeling better...and that y'all had a wonderful Christmas!

Love to you all,
Angie