March 30, 2010

Amazing Friends!

I have been suffering from a horrible cold for about the past week and a half.  Of course, there is no time to slow down, take time off of work, or stop projects that need to be done around the house.  Things must go on even when mom is sick- that even includes ordering and spreading a huge truck load of mulch in the front yard!   I remember thinking that I must have bitten off more than I could chew on Friday afternoon when I saw the amount of mulch that needed spreading.  Needless to say, I was not looking forward to Saturday morning.  However, my whole outlook on the day changed when our amazing friends, the Purcers, surprised us with a dozen donuts, coffee, extra tools, gloves, and the willingness to take part in a "mulch party" in our front yard.  Amazing friends!!!!  They spread mulch (even Sarah with baby Laney) with us for about three and a half hours.  That was absolute record time for us.  We would truly still be spreading mulch today if they had not graciously come to our rescue.  We had a great time with them.  Taylor and Emily had a blast digging for worms, playing on the mulch "volcano," and digging with shovels all over the yard.  We were completely finished by lunch time.  We grabbed a few sandwiches and stayed outside for a relaxing picnic.  Needless to say, we all took great naps that afternoon!  So....Purcers, what are you doing this time next year???

Which sweet little munchkin has been secretly nibbling at the donuts?








































































1 comment:

Kelly said...

What great friends! It was fun to see the mulch go down in record time!!

Kelly