March 3, 2009

Snow!

After seeing buds on trees and daffodils popping up everywhere, I truly did not think that we were going to see snow this winter. Therefore, I was in complete awe when I saw those beautiful giant drops of snow falling on Sunday evening. We immediately bundled up Taylor and Baxter and headed outside. We all were in love with the snow immediately! We were not, however, in love with the fact that our power went out at about 8:30 that evening. We made the best of it though and it actually turned out to be quite fun! We made fires, cooked pancakes on the grill (which were actually fabulous!), and played a lot in the snow. At around lunch time, we realized that 51 degrees INSIDE is just not liveable. So, we headed over to my parents toasty house. We are so fortunate that they live close by! By the time our power was restored and we were back home, Taylor was completely wiped out. It had been a jam packed day for him! Take a look at the photos below. Dave and Taylor were so cute together. I can tell that we have a future snow boarder on our hands. He was fearless as Dave took him down the slight incline in our backyard. I think that we may need to plan a ski trip for next year. Dave needs a ski buddy anyway. I am not too fun to be with since he spends his entire time helping me up and looking for my lost ski poles and missing ski!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Wasn't the snow amazing? I had 3 inches on my porch which is still trying to melt away! I'm with you Cassie...I'll join you on the next ski trip and you and I can hit the spa while the boys hit the slopes! I can't wait to see you all!

All my love,
Aunt Angie