April 10, 2009

Two sous-chefs

I had the absolute privilege of keeping Emily for a few hours on Wednesday while Sarah attended an important meeting. Taylor and Emily played really well together. We built towers, read books, danced to music, watched a little Tigger and Pooh, played with trucks and bugs (you're a good sport, Emily), and we made Starbucks pumpkin scones. I have all of this canned pumpkin that I got at the Sav-Mor sidewalk sale, and I realized that I really needed to start using it. I did a little internet searching and came up with this easy and FABULOUS recipe. They were amazing. Emily ate two. Taylor ate zero- of course he wouldn't try it. Oh well, more for us! If you are a fan of pumpkin and spice, I highly recommend that you put your apron on and get in the kitchen. You may need a few sous-chefs like I had. They were incredibly vital in helping me glaze each scone. We even had "Bubba" and "Mommy Sue" help (you can see them a little in the pictures below). We need to have Emily over more often so that we can bake new creations!



No comments: