December 6, 2009

A charcoal study of Taylor

Dave began this amazing charcoal study of Taylor a few weeks ago.  It was meant to be a practice portrait to see how well he could capture Taylor in charcoal, and how well he could do portraits.  In my personal opinion, he did an outstanding job.  I am absolutely in love with it, and when he puts his final finishing touches on it, I want to have it framed.  I think that he captured Taylor's eyes, lips, nose, hair, ears, expression, etc. beautifully!  I just had to share what an amazing job he did.  Dave did want me to mention that the picture does not capture the portrait exactly.  It was photographed with his artist light above, and in a fairly dim room.  The portrait isn't this dark at the bottom.  






















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave,
Do you do this for neighbors? That is amazing!!!!! You are so talented!!!!

Kelly said...

Oh my...
So beautiful.

Kelly