December 21, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas

Dave and I are really enjoying our time off from work preparing for Christmas and spending lots of special time with Taylor.  The other night, Taylor and Dave were watching a Christmas movie from the inside of his cardboard play house.  There were so cute that I had to snap a picture.  Yesterday, we made our first homemade sugar cookies.  They are Papa's favorites.  Taylor caught on to the concept of stamping out the cookies, placing them on the cookie sheet, and then dumping lots of sprinkles on them.  I do have to admit that I feel they turned out quite well.  Papa gave them a thumbs up as well. Tonight, we joined the Purcers in eating pizza and making a trip to the Roper Mountain lights.  I had no idea that there was so much to do there.  You can see Santa, roast marshmallows, take your picture at many different spots, and even enjoy various crafts.  We had a fabulous time!  We will definitely have to make it an annual outing.



























2 comments:

Kelly said...

You are really doing it up!!! :)

The pictures are great!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Love the concentration on the sprinkles! :) I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas and let's catch up soon!

All my love,
Aunt Angie