Free, almost free, and dirt cheap
This is a new type of post for me. It has nothing to do with Taylor, Dave, or myself. It is entirely about saving money. I, and a few of my friends, have been intrigued with all of the items that you can get for free or almost for free at drug stores and grocery stores. Between Christie, Kelly, Sarah, Stephanie, and myself, we have saved A LOT of money!!
Well, today was such a wonderful savings day that I just have to post about it. First off, I got a free tall cup of Starbucks coffee to drink while I waited in the voting lines. Then, I got gas for an amazing $1.99/gallon. Yes, one dollar and ninety-nine cents. Amazing!! After that, I headed over to Petco to get 5 pounds of Science Diet dog food for Baxter for $0.84. I only had to pay taxes. Thanks to www.thethriftymama.com I was able to print off a coupon for $5 off Science Diet. Science Diet is on sale for $5. Therefore the dog food was free plus tax!
The savings don't stop there. On my way home, I stopped by Walgreens. I have heard amazing things about their diapers (again, thanks to thethriftymama for the deals and recommendations). I always thought that I would be a "Huggies girl" no matter what, but I am willing to change if other diapers are cheaper, but of good quality. I was able to get 2 jumbo packages of diapers, 2 bags of Ricolla cough drops, and 2 Almay make-up products for $8.89. The best part is that I am going to get a rebate of $7.70 because I bought mascara (I can always use mascara). What a fun savings day!
1 comment:
I am going to start calling you Thrifty Mama!!
What a great day!
Kelly
Post a Comment