November 16, 2008

No longer a baby!

I know that Taylor is almost 2 years old, and is no longer a baby. However, I always think of him as my little baby. This evening I had tears in my eyes at dinner because I realized what a fabulous little boy he has become. He is growing up so fast and learning so much. There he was, sitting next to me at the dinner table- in a regular chair, eating what we were eating, using a salad sized fork, eating broccoli, chicken, and apples. Just a few short months ago we were worried that Taylor was going to eat baby food and yogurt for the rest of his life. Tonight, on the other hand, he is voluntarily eating broccoli and apple slices. Oh my what a long way he has come.

After dinner, Taylor sat down on the floor and "read" his favorite book to himself. He pointed out things that he knew in the picture and turned the pages over and over. I just had to stop a minute and watch. After the book, Dave sat down with him and worked a puzzle. Taylor blew me away with his ability to identify where the oval, rectangle, square, etc. pieces go. Now don't get me wrong, he repeatedly tried to put some of the pieces in the wrong places. Ultimately though, he worked it correctly. If you don't succeed, try try again- right!?

Anyway, I had to capture some of our milestones tonight. It feels like they happened overnight.





3 comments:

Kelly said...

He is certainly a big boy! Sitting at the table and not throwing food...it was a good day!! :)

Kelly

Lori said...

It's amazing how quick they change! I agree, where do the baby days go? And your bread was delicious! We all ate it for breakfast this morning...yummy! Thanks again! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Parker Family,

I'm so sorry for my delinquency in posting comments but I was in Italy for 10 days...I've missed so much! I can't believe he's sitting at the table and feeding himself an adult meal! Time passes too quickly...which means Aunt Angie is for sure coming for a visit in December! Just let me know if there is a good weekend day...I know they'll fill up fast! Looking forward to catching up soon!

All my love,
Aunt Angie