November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!
I have never been one to really enjoy Halloween. I absolutely detest dressing up. So naturally, Halloween would not be my ideal day. Some people may not know this, but Dave and I really got to know each other before we started dating at a Halloween party. We were the ONLY two people at a party (out of about 75 people) that were not dressed up. I knew at that point we were probably going to get married...hehehe.

Well, now that we have Taylor, Halloween takes on an entirely different meaning. I stressed about how to dress him up (he is not one to really like dress up either), so we decided that being a farmer would be a somewhat easy route. He looked so cute in his little plaid shirt and overalls. He refused to wear his bandana, and I could not get near him with his hat. Oh well!! However, after we went to one house, and Taylor realized that you get to ring doorbells and grab candy out of a pail, he didn't care what we put on his head. So...it wound up being a great evening. Taylor tried his first piece of candy (a Nestle Crunch- good choice!), and he loved it! We were able to trick-or-treat with our neighbors, the Places. They have two sweet boys that are close to Taylor's age. Our precious kitty across the street (AnnaKate was dressing up as a cat) got a stomach bug and she wasn't able to join us. We missed you AnnaKate (and of course Billy and Kelly!!).

The pictures aren't that great, but at least we captured the event! Notice the pictures of my parents and their friends- too funny. We had to take Taylor by my parents house. They were armed with M&M's to give to Taylor (and a bag of goldfish if he wasn't up for the candy). What fun!! I hope that you, too, had a spooktacular Halloween.





1 comment:

Kelly said...

He was an adorable farmer! Sorry we missed out on the fun!
Kelly