Mother's Day 2009
Happy Mother's Day to all of my "mother" friends! I just can't express my joy in being a mother. I am so blessed to have such a great child that I can love every day. I wouldn't trade being a mother for a second! I came to realize this blessing that I have when I was stopped last week at Publix by an older lady. She kept staring and smiling at Taylor. She came up to me and told me that she would trade a year of her life to be able to go back and experience just one day with her son when he was young. She also told me that she just said good-bye to her son that day as he left for Iraq. I wanted to hug that sweet lady right there in Publix. I also wanted to scoop Taylor up out of his "big truck" shopping cart seat and hold and kiss him. It is amazing how much her words touched me. I need to slow down and just enjoy life as a mom. On that note, I again say "Happy Mother's Day!"
Look at this adorable and incredibly sweet background that I discovered on the computer this morning. Dave knows me so well. The computer and coffee are the first things that I am able to focus on in the wee hours of the morning. Thank you, Dave, I love it!

This is what Taylor made for me at school. Precious!
Mimi and Taylor at breakfast this morning. He could hardly wait for her to open the present.
1 comment:
What a sweet post! I just love what Dave did for you...how thoughtful!!
Kelly
Post a Comment