June 12, 2009

Power Outage and a trip to the Zoo

It has definitely been an eventful couple of days around here!  We were without power from Thursday at around 4 pm until tonight at 7 pm.  A huge storm caused power lines and trees to fall all over our neighborhood.  I sure did my share of complaining about not having power, but I had absolutely nothing to complain about after seeing several neighbors with trees either on their roofs or in their house.  We were certainly blessed to have been spared that nightmare!  

Today, Taylor and I left the house and met Emily and Sarah at the Zoo.  I think that everyone else in Greenville had the same idea.  There were several daycares there and even one elderly home with about a dozen senior citizens.  We pressed on through the crowds though and had a fantastic time!  Emily and Taylor are so cute around each other.  They copy each other a lot and generally play really well together.  Sarah was so awesome- she even had us over for dinner tonight and allowed us to take showers and bring our remaining loads of laundry so that we could be all clean and packed for our beach trip tomorrow.  You guys are the best!  Thanks so much for being such amazing friends!!  








No comments: